Amazon sued over hoverboard explosion that resulted in house fire
Posted on Saturday, November 5th, 2016
Brian and Megan Fox, who are residents of Nashville, Tennessee, filed a lawsuit against Amazon after the hoverboard they purchased through the website in November 2015 exploded and caught fire. The board they bought as a Christmas present for their children burned down their $1 million house and injured three of their family members on January 9, 2016.
According to the recently filed lawsuit, the fire “completely destroyed the plaintiffs’ house and virtually all of their personal belongings in a matter of minutes,” and severely injured their 16-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son. The Fox family also claimed the hoverboard’s lithium battery package was not originally manufactured by Samsung as represented on Amazon’s website. Rather, the hoverboard was a counterfeit product from China.
Our attorneys at Pohl & Berk, LLP provide legal services for our clients in Nashville and other areas of Tennessee. We handle personal injury accident cases such as product liability and premises liability, among others. Contact us at 615-277-2765 to find out more about what we can do for you.