Tennessee Mercury Poisoning Attorneys
When we enter another person’s property or place of business, we rarely consider that the premises might be dangerous. Unfortunately, when negligent individuals do not take proper safety measures, all individuals entering their property may be in danger. One of the most serious dangers that can occur in these situations is mercury exposure and poisoning. Individuals exposed to this toxic substance often deal with extensive injuries, medical bills, and lost wages.
At Pohl & Berk, LLP, our Tennessee mercury poisoning lawyers believe that no individual should have to suffer the effects of mercury poisoning due to the negligent actions of a property owner. In many cases, a victim is able to pursue compensation from the responsible party to offset the cost of their injuries. While a lawsuit may be the last thing on your mind, taking legal action as soon as possible is important if you want to receive the highest amount of financial restitution possible.
Consequences of Mercury Exposure
Mercury exposure can have a number of devastating and life-altering effects on an individual. Even worse, individuals whose exposure to the toxic substance occurs on other people’s properties may be unaware of it. When left untreated, mercury poisoning may lead to:
- Damage to the kidneys, lungs, or brain
- Minamata Disease: An illness caused by mercury compounds, which can lead to damaged brain functions, such as hearing and speech problems. In the worst cases, brain damage can become permanent.
- Acrodynia: Primarily affecting young children, this medical condition causes pink discoloration of the hands and feet, along with neurological effects.
- Cognitive and emotional problems
- Wrongful death
Any of these effects can be potentially life changing to an individual and their loved ones. With such serious implications at stake, visiting the doctor and undergoing tests for poisoning is crucial. Common ways to diagnose mercury poisoning include:
- Blood Tests: Measures the amount of mercury in an individual’s blood.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Detects the amount of potential brain damage caused by mercury exposure.
- X-rays: Detects the movement of mercury in the body.
Property owners should follow the highest degree of safety procedures to keep individuals on their premises safe. Exposure to high levels of mercury can have devastating consequences for individuals who are subject to the toxic substance. The legal team at Pohl & Berk, LLP is committed to helping victims receive valuable legal advice needed to fight for their rights against the party responsible.
Contact a Mercury Poisoning Attorney in Tennessee Today
If you or a loved one was exposed to mercury on another party’s premises, contact the Tennessee legal team at Pohl & Berk, LLP to begin building your case today. We understand how truly devastating these instances can be for individuals and their loved ones. Our attorneys will put our years of experience to work for you. Call our offices today at 615-277-2765 to learn more.