Vehicle Pedestrian Accidents
Each year, tens of thousands of pedestrians sustain serious or fatal injuries after a vehicle strikes them. Even when pedestrians follow the rules and properly use crosswalks, negligent drivers still cause vehicle-pedestrian accidents. With the help of an attorney, you could force a driver that hits you while traveling by foot to compensate you for property damages and injuries.
Common Factors of Vehicle-Pedestrian Accidents
A driver in a vehicle-pedestrian accident often hits the pedestrian due to some act of negligence.
Negligent behaviors while driving include:
- Distracted driving (using a cell phone, for example)
- Failure to obey traffic signals and signs
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Failure to yield to a pedestrian’s right of way at a crosswalk
- Failure to pay attention during severe weather
What to do in the Event of a Pedestrian Accident
If you are involved in a vehicle-pedestrian accident, even if you were not the party at fault, you should adhere to the following steps:
- Call the police and any other emergency responders if someone is injured
- Stay at the scene until first responders arrive at the scene
- Record the information of any witnesses
Talk to an Attorney
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a vehicle-pedestrian accident, you may deserve compensation for your injuries. At Pohl & Berk, LLP, our experienced Nashville lawyers understand how devastating such an accident can be for you and your family. To learn more, call (615) 277-2765.